Keywords and tags are basically two tools or tactics in the IT field specially SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that can greatly attract traffic and visitors to your site. In most cases, the two are used interchangeably as they have almost similar functionalities. Despite that, there are major notable differences in the roles that they play and how they are used. As the main difference between keywords and tags is where you will find them.
Here are a few things to know that clearly differentiate between Tags and Keywords:
- Keywords are basically a way in which the search engines classify the webpages.
- Keywords are a part of the content and are used to identify what the content is all about.
- Keywords are just about everywhere. In pages that have written words on it, keywords can be found.
- Let suppose that you have optimize an article on your blog with a particular keyword, the search engine will be able to pick up it and will hopefully assign your article a decent Google traffic for that particular keyword.
- Tags are placed to describe what the content is and what it relates to.
- On several sites, Tags are open-ended means you can invent whatever tags you like, including custom tags that can be applied to a series of articles so that you can easily find them.
- Tags are used by blogs to present similar or related stories as well as help in searching for other pages.
- Don’t ever try to use multiple versions of the same tag.
- Keywords are basically the part of the content but not tags.
- Keywords are seen in all web content while tags are mostly seen in blogs.
- Tags are used for organizing similar content in a site while keywords are not
SEO Service Toronto | iMediaDesigns is a full service digial marketing agency comprised of web developers, website designers, and content creators specializing in a wide range of services.